Cristiano Ronaldo has beat out competition from Lionel Messi, the Jenner sisters, and Neymar to be crowned Instagram’s highest earner.
According to a Buzz Bingo study, the Portuguese superstar — fresh from scoring his 700th career goal on Monday night — claimed the number one spot by raking in $47.8 million. Absurdly, that would mean his Instagram earnings are more lucrative than his playing contract at Juventus.
The study states Ronaldo made 34 sponsored posts on Instagram over the past year, which would see him clear a tidy $1.4 million per post. Ronaldo’s eternal rival, Messi, earned *just* $23.3 million by comparison, while David Beckham and Neymar banked $10.7 million and $7.2 million, respectively.
Elsewhere, Kendall Jenner placed third on the list with a fortune of $15.9 million, meaning she ranked comfortably ahead of her eighth-placed sister Kylie, who posted $3.8 million. See the list in full below.
1. Cristiano Ronaldo – $47.8 million
2. Lionel Messi – $23.3 million
3. Kendall Jenner – $15.9 million
4. David Beckham – $10.7 million
5. Selena Gomez – $8 million
6. Neymar Jr. – $7.2 million
7. Zlatan Ibrahimovic – $4 million
8. Kylie Jenner – $3.8 million
9. Ronaldinho – $2.6 million
10. Khloe Kardashian – $1.2 million