Given Kanye West has kept good on his word and released two albums in two weeks, you could forgive us at Highsnobiety towers for being a little… complacent when it comes to other news and goings-on in the world right now. That said, the #culture’s fields of content are never fallow, nor do they ever disappoint, and new ‘Ye or not, there’s been a ton of breaking stories to capture our attention over the past seven days, serving as tasty hors d’ouvres to Mr. West and Kid Cudi’s long-anticipated main course.
After years of speculation, Supreme and The North Face finally came good and released a tent together — clad in snakeskin, no less. Not to be outdone, the master of collaborations, Virgil Abloh, unveiled his 8329578923758923579382 joint project, this time on a transparent suitcase with RIMOWA. Might they have stumbled upon the ultimate solution to cutting down airport security waiting queues? If so, Phoebe Philo and Helmut Lang will say they done it first.
Elsewhere, Hugo Boss dropped some fruity (quite literally) tennis creps, the human pay cheque that is Diddy waded into the Drake vs. Pusha-T beef, and tie-salesman-cum-polo-aficionado Ralph Lauren proved he’s still down with the kids by rocking some Salomon trail sneakers.
As ever, our side-splitting readership were on hand to provide their best takes. Peep some of our favorites below.
Please keep in mind these comments are meant to be taken as jokes and are only highlighted for the comedic effect they offer.
Original Post: Hugo Boss Drops Vegan Sneakers Derived from Pineapple Leaves
10. “I’ve waited all my life for Hugo Boss to open up a restaurant.” — Dominyk Gribanov (Source: Facebook)
Original Post: Diddy Says Drake Took the L in Pusha-T Beef
9. “What is a Pusha-T beef? Does it come with rice?” — Lou Patrou (Source: Facebook)
Original Post: How to Look Fly on Two Wheels, Whatever Your Budget
8. “Some hypebeast robber gonna steal that Supreme lock and leave your bike.” – Randy Hofkens (Source: Facebook)
Original Post: This Street Style Set Proves Once Again Seoul Always Has the Sauce
7. “I wore that Kappa tracksuit outfit every morning to breakfast in University, right down to the slides. Little did I know I was a street beast.” – Bear Lake (Source: Facebook)
Original Post: The Drip | Ralph Lauren Rocks Solomon Trail Sneakers With a Tux & We’re Here for It
6. “When you have a hike at 3 and the CFDA awards at 9.” — Ben Oskam (Source: Facebook )
Original Post: Here’s Your First Look at the Supreme x The North Face Snake Skin Collab
5. “Kevin Durant snake suit for the warriors victory parade next week.” — RMZO (Source: Highsnobiety)
Original Post: Nike’s Air Max 1 Receives a Vibrant Makeover in Time for Summer.
4. “Air Max IKEA” — Kevin Philbrick (Source: Facebook)
Original Post: Gucci’s Chunky SEGA Sneaker Feature Removable Jewel Details.
3. “Thanos lookin ass shoes.” — ERM (Source: Highsnobiety)
Original Post: Supreme’s James Jebbia Crowned Designer of the Year at the CFDA Awards.
2. “‘it would have been so much more punk if Jebbia sent Jason Dill to accept the award.” — PandaSundae (Source: Highsnobiety)
Original Post: OFF-WHITE x RIMOWA Are Dropping a Transparent Suitcase
1. “At the airport: ‘Let me check your baggage, sir. Oh, you’ve got OFF-WHITE? That’s OK, next please!” – Tommy Emef (Source: Facebook)
Now, for more in comment-worthy news, the internet’s reaction to Drake’s diss track “Duppy Freestyle” is predictably hilarious.